Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Break" Assignment: Part One

                If I could live anywhere in the world, I would definitely move to France, or Los Angeles, California. When I was a little girl, I wanted to move to California because I wanted to meet all of the famous movie stars. In a way, this is still true, but now I want to be so-called “famous”. My mom used to take French class in high school and she told me it was an extremely fun and interesting language to learn. Now that I am studying the language and culture, I am learning how beautiful the country is and I am figuring out how much I would love to live there. In about eight years, I will have graduated high school and college and will be on my own; making my own decisions about what I want to do with my life. In the future, I see myself either lying on a warm, sunny beach in California, or sitting at a café drinking a warm cup of coffee in France.
                The pros of moving to Los Angeles are it has good consistent weather, the cost of living in a home is very low, and it has an endless diversity of culture, food, neighborhoods and people. Also, if you want to become an actress, then Los Angeles is the place to be. I’ve always been fascinated with the acting; to me it’s an art form. I love to get up on stage and act; be in someone else’s shoes and feel all of the emotions that the character is feeling. Also, Los Angeles is the place where all of the big-time directors and agencies are. It’s the place where they film most movies and put on most plays. The main con of living in Los Angeles is the fact that it’s a big city which means a high population, high crime rate, tons of traffic at times, and it is also known for its natural disasters such as earthquakes. Some even say that in Los Angeles you are pretty much on your own socially.
                I would like to move to France because I’ve always been fascinated with the language and the culture. The prices of buying a home, food and clothing are much less expensive than in America. They also live a very healthy lifestyle by eating right and walking almost everywhere they go, and also the weather is great. The main con of moving to France is it’s a totally different culture from the United States, which means new laws, new language, and a much more expensive healthcare. Also, France is all the way on the other side of the country so I wouldn’t be able to see my family and friends very often.
                My family has always told me to follow my dreams and to try new things. I think that moving to California or France would teach me a lot by helping me learn more about the different cultures in the world today. Even though I would miss my family and my friends very dearly, I think it would be a fun adventurous experience for me and I don’t think I would regret my decision.      

1 comment:

  1. When I spent three weeks in France a few years ago, I absolutely loved it. Beautiful country, very nice people, fantastic food. I hope you get to check it out someday - maybe a John Carroll foreign exchange is in your future!

    ReplyDelete